Monday, October 26, 2009

Packing up and moving to the Beach!!!!


I am sitting in my room with suitcases and boxes surrounding me, overwhelmed with gratitude for the direction God is taking me. A week ago, all I could see was a very hum-drum life in Tehachapi and now Im moving to the beach! I went to San Luis Obispo last week to job hunt, thinking that I would not find anything. To my surprise, the first place I walked into -Forever 21- hired me that same day! I am still trying to get over the shock of getting this job. It's funny how things work out, because I spent three months vigorously searching for a job in Riverside, and the first day I go to SLO I find one! I am so thankful :) After (very unexpectedly) getting a job, I then had to stress about finding a place to live because I start work immediately. My very dear friend, Cara, is staying with a family in Atascadero and they offered to let me stay with them until I am able to find an apartment and roommates. This is seriously a miracle. Im really glad I took online classes this semester because it has made me free to go anywhere. Next semester Ill be going to Cuesta College to take the pre-requisites to get into the nursing program.
Well I better get back to packing, but I'll keep you all updated (if anyone reads this LOL).
Oh, and did I mention that I'm soooooo excited?!!
Anyways...Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night :)

6 comments:

  1. Funny that you had that Truman Show quote--I actually showed that in class today :) Brilliant minds...I am sooooo excited for you, dear sis! Its going to be such a fun adventure! My only item of concern was that you didn't title this blog entry "Kirsty and the Great World"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! And, yes there are people reading this! :) After much of my life involving you and the others Hayes kids on pretty much a daily basis it means a lot to me to keep up. :) That is great that you will be with Cara for a little while! I love you and look forward to more updates. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting, I'm so happy for you! Yay for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for living at the beach! Slo is one of my most favorite cities...enjoy! Plus- you get a killer discount at Forever 21 right?? Life could not be much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Kirsty - so glad I didn't read this until you were on the road. I would have boo-hooed even more than I did. God is good... and I know you'll find that out more and more as He provides for you. And we'll definitely be spending some time at the beach now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks everyone! It means a lot to have all of your support!

    Hill: haha Im mad I didn't made my blog title that, but Im thinking about making it my blog name, or whatever its called. I think it may be a little more appropriate, considering everything.

    Karee: I think YOU should start a blog, because I would love to know what you're up to!

    Mariah: Thanks! come to the beach and visit me! haha

    Amber: You need to visit me too! the sad thing is, I only get a 10% discount. but im still going to buy a binch of stuff! haha

    Mom: Dont cry!!! haha please visit me soon! Im already missing everyone!

    Anyways, just to say it again, please everyone, visit me whenever you want ok! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete