Tuesday, October 20, 2009

a little explanation...

So I thought I should probably explain the title of my blog. The title is from a quote in Jane Austen’s “Persuasion” which is one of my favorite books. Yes, I am a romantic. Anyways, I thought it really summed up my situation at the moment. As I will explain, this is not something that I am complaining about or in any way resent. It is simply the direction that God chose to take me on my life. I have been to three different colleges in the last two years and have had my “plan” as you will, not exactly work out. After going to a junior college in Bakersfield, transferring to Liberty University in Virginia, and then moving back to California to go to California Baptist University, I am now back in Tehachapi doing junior college, and planning my next way of escape. As a result of this, I have been sort of “forced into prudence in my youth” by learning to be extremely practical, doing the not so fun thing, and I suppose just really living through the struggles. But I actually would not have it any other way. I have met some amazing people along the way and I know that the direction my life has taken has changed me and shaped me into the person I am today. I also don't think I would be able to relate to others as well if everything had gone my way.

Anywhoooo enough seriousness. This weekend has been really nice. I went down to Riverside and hung out with my sister, brother-in-law, beautiful nice, and one of my best friends. We saw the Decemberists in concert (one of my fave bands), and it was absolutely amazing!!! I am now getting ready to go to San Luis in the morning to go job hunting!!! Please wish me well! I know that whatever happens, happens. But I think it would be awesome to live in SLO. I mean it's the beach, it’s not Tehachapi (not like I have a problem with T-hach, but I’ve kinda lived here most of my whole life and would like to try something new), and hmmm oh yeah the most important part about SLO is it has a nursing program! Yep, I changed my major for the twelfth time and I think this is for good. I really really want to do nursing and I’m just hoping I can get over the blood. But I think it's a good fit.

Well time to pack. Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment